Welcome

This blog is a work in progress. It is a place where you can go to find a picture of family members. I will be uploading pictures often and trying to categorize them. If you have any suggestions or pictures that you would like to see, just let me know.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Faith of Marie Grant an example

Here is another story about faith of Mom's

This is an experience that I want to write down.

In my Patriarchal Blessing it says “I bless you that you will have the faith to be healed in time of sickness and your humble prayer for others will be heard and answered by your Father in Heaven and do much to strengthen your faith.”

When Bonnie was on a mission in Japan the Drs. over there weren’t good. The Mission President advised the missionaries not to go to a doctor unless they absolutely had to. Bonnie had told us this.

We received this particular letter from Bonnie. She said she hadn’t been feeling good. I read the letter and started crying because I knew that Bonnie was really sick. Wilson and Tonna both read the letter and told me that the letter did not say that Bonnie was sick just that she did not feel good. I knew that Bonnie was very sick, it had taken the letter ten days to get to us but I knew that Bonnie was still very sick.

The three of us prayed for Bonnie. I spent a lot of time Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening and Sunday morning praying that Bonnie would be well and able to go ahead with her mission. By Sunday noon I felt good about Bonnie and thanked Heavenly Father for healing her.

By noon Sunday Bonnie was well. When she came home she asked Tonna if I knew that she was sick. Tonna said that I did. Bonnie said that she hadn’t wanted to worry us so she had written the letter carefully. When she was well the day after the letter should have reached us she was sure that we knew she was sick and were praying for her.

We thank The Holy Ghost and Heavenly Father for healing Bonnie.

(written by Marie Mae McGongle Grant)

No comments:

Post a Comment